The Destiny 2 Strange Key is an item that is used in one of the quests by Xur. Though it’s an important key, there is little information available about what this may be for and where to find it. However, it’s important to know about this may as much as possible to access a well-known firearm.
In this guide, we will give you some important information about The Destiny 2 Strange Key and the ways to use it.
What does the Strange Key in Destiny 2 do?
The Destiny 2 Strange Key is one of the objectives in Magnum Opus’ popular quest by Xur. In this quest, the players will have to use the key somewhere to open the paths that lead to the cryo pod that has the Anomalous Object.
In Destiny 2, where can I find a Strange Key?
The Destiny 2 Strange Key appears if Xur accepts the Magnum Opus quest. However, the strange favor and the player’s reputation with Xur must reach level 4. Once these criteria are met, you get the Strange Key.
In Destiny 2, how to use the Strange Key?
For starters, you will have to go through the Magnum Opus quest to get and accept the Strange Key. You will have to accept the Magnum Opus quest from Xur’s Treasure Hoard. Simply go to the next page in your dashboard and you will be able to spot the quest. Follow the mentioned step the complete the quest.
Know more: Dishonored 2 Safe Codes: Complete Guide
Magnum Opus Quest Guide for Destiny 2
- Collect all seven Strange Coins by conducting Dares of Eternity runs. It’s advisable to take bounties before going to the run for the following steps
- Finish 3 Starhorse Bounties. Remember, you can pick up only one bounty at a time. You can pick these up from Starhorse and complete them in a single run otherwise, the process will reset. It’s ideal to pick up Starhorse bounty that you can get easily
- Reach rank 4 of Strange Favor. If you have been taking up Xur’s bounties, reaching this level should not be a challenge. If you are not there yet, continue to collect bounties.
- Get the Strange Key from Xur that he gives for free once you reach the required rank.
- Go to purple smoke in Xur’s Dominion and stand on it. You will then be teleported to the Valley.
- Go to the Cluster of rocks located on the right of the valley. It’s easy to spot a box with a rectangular block on top there.
- Talk to the box and use the Strange Key. If this gets tricky, jump and hover while talking to the box.
- Follow the marker to the tower and enter the crevice at the base of the tower.
- Follow the bronze ball to the cave while avoiding gaps and ledges. Finally, you will reach a wall with a platform. These platforms move, so stay cautious to avoid falling.
- Look into the Cryo Pod and jump over the gap to reach another crevice at the top of the wall. You will find the Anomalous Object here.
- Bring the Anomalous Object to Banshee-44, and you will be rewarded the Forerunner Exotic Firearm.
Destiny 2 Forerunner Exotic Firearm
The Forerunner Exotic Firearm is a sidearm that was made as a sign of homage to the M6D Magnum Sidearm from the Halo Series. The sidearm’s design has been a bit to fit Destiny’s theme. However, it’s still one of the signature features. Some dialogues from Banshee-44 and The Rock Peck are popular references to the weapon.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do I do with the strange key destiny 2?
If you have a Strange Key go to Eternity and get the purple smoke in Xur’s domain If you find a rectangular block on the right of the valley take it and use the key to go to the tower.
2. How do I unlock the way with the strange key?
To unlock The Destiny 2 Strange Key you must finish the Dares Daily Bounties. You can get these from Xur directly using the Strange Key in Xur’s menu. However, you must get enough bounties to reach level 4. Once in level 4, your Destiny 2 Strange Key will unlock.
3. Where do I use the strange key in magnum opus?
Once a player comes to Xur’s Treasure Hoard and loaded that area, they must use the portal to go to the valley and then go slightly right. After a short walk, the players will see a group of strange rocks at the bottom of a sling and that is where they must use the Destiny 2 Strange Key.
Read More: What Do Beans Do In Among Us?